WordPress Maintenance – Why is it so important?
So, you have a shiny new WordPress website, what’s next?
Maximizing profits is one of the most essential priorities in your business. If you think a wrong web hosting or not maintaining your website will not have a negative impact on your income, think again. The following are the results of choosing the wrong web hosting and lack of website maintenance.
- Revenue Loss – when your website is down, customers will not be able to learn about your products or services. Furthermore, if you have an online store, potential sales and income are lost too.
- Malware Attacks and Security – There is no perfect solution for a secured website but a reputable hosting company will do a regular data back up on a remote server so it will be easy to restore your site in case it gets hacked. A hosting company can assist you with maintenance, technical support and security issues 24 hours a day.
- Negative effect on SEO Ranking – If your site is down repeatedly when search engines are attempting to visit this will give adverse result on your site ranking.
So how do you choose a reliable web hosting company? Here are some tips that can help you decide:
- Excellent uptime track record – hosting provider must take every precaution to ensure maximum uptime. Look for a hosting provider that offer at least an average of 99 percent uptime.
- Good reputation – find a host with a top-notch reputation by doing a backgound check, have enough endorsements and testimonials from current clients and who regularly check maintenance schedules and average downtime statistics.
- Outstanding Customer Support – because the internet never sleeps, your chosen provider should offer 24/7 support that offers fast and knowledgeable service.
- Cost consideration – “You get what you pay for” and as a business owner, you cannot afford to experience long period of downtime. It may cost you more upfront but it will be more reliable in the long run. The quality of technical support is a lot better too.
Remember that choosing a hosting provider solely on price is not worth the hassle and headaches if your site goes down. There are a lot of web hosting companies out there. It’s crucial to select a hosting provider carefully since your business will depend on it. Do your homework.
What can you expect from Worpdress maintenance?
There are lots of different features that we talk about when we say “WordPress maintenance”. some of them are listed below
Regular updates to WordPress core, themes and plugins
Keeping your site up to date with all the latest updates is beneficial for all the reasons listed above.
Off site regular backups
Backing up your site enables you to roll back to an older version if you
keeping watch over your website to ensure it is always up, and sending out alerts if the site goes down for any reason.
Making your website as fast as possible. even if it is just a report so you can go about making the site faster yourself.
Whats the point of having all this maintenance done on your website, if you can see what is being done?
I actually provide WordPress maintenance as a service. please click here to check out my packages.